Thursday, May 7, 2009

what will life bring...

A friend of mines named Leeman Now is leaving to pursue his masters. He will be moving to Hong Kong in a few weeks, and is hoping to achieve his masters in Business Finance. He has been a really good companion, and a person to whom I can always turn for some good advice with my career. He volunteers heavily with the Red Cross, and many more other groups. He graduated from Davis, and all in all has turned out fairly well. He has his own blog site, and there is some really good stuff on it. In a no homo way, he is a role model that I want to become someday. I want to be a person who can give back, volunteer, and help others. But at the same time be successful in what I am pursuing in my life. He's really into sports as well, unfortunately... he is a A's fan. (A's suck) He knows a lot about what is going on in the world, and is very well educated. He wont be returning to the bay anytime soon, and wants to pursue his career in Asia. He tells me that Asia will have the three biggest economies in our lifetime: China, India, and Japan. This led me to think... where will i end up in the future? will i turn out as successful? will i become the person i want to become? I too am pursuing a bachelors in finance currently, and hope to get a masters a few years after college. I want to join AmeriCorp and study abroad after my undergraduate studies. I am currently positioned to start an internship back at home with a financial advisor. I am building my resume, and getting that experience i need to be on track. But at the same time am wondering if this is what i want. do i want to enjoy my youth a little longer, or do i want to jump into adulthood? All these are good questions, but to which I have no definite answers. what I do know is what i want in life. I know what i want to happen, and where i want to be. I'm going to be a financial advisor, and work for a profound company. However, at the same time, I will need to put my family in the picture. Do i need to put them into my future, or can i just lead my own path? as of now, I am focusing primarily on myself. I am being greedy, and I am working for myself. that's what i see life as, you need to be greedy to get to the top. I'm sure this has left some of you in conundrum, but let me tell you what I do know. some day i will be on the top, and I'll look back at my journey. I hope that in that journey, I have given back to the community, and that i still give back at the top. someday i will throw hundred dollars out like pennies. be positive, and look towards the future with a smile. I believe in god, and I know that we are all given this chance. the chance to prosper and be successful. but we must always remember to give back, and never truly be to greedy.

my prayers are with you Leeman. good luck, and see you at the top

-christian song

No comments:

Post a Comment